VSICS offers a three years full time Master of Computer Application program.The Program is designed to provide practical grounding about computer knowledge for aspiring students become successful computer professional in the fast changing IT scenario. Through the balanced blend of theory, practice, values and attitude the program seeks to equip the students with value based conduct, emotional maturity, analytical ability, cross functional capability and leadership skills to operate effectively in a highly volatile and multicultural business environment. The MCA program at VSICS is affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The CurriculumThe 3 years curriculum is divided into 6 semesters. 1st to 5th include lectures, tutorials, practical, seminars as defined by the university from time to time. 6th Semester will exclusively be devoted to practical training in the industries/organizations. The curriculum also includes the co-curricular activities as prescribed by the university.
Training and Teaching Methodology
- Integrated learning by team-work follower approach.
- Acquisition & Corporatisation of knowledge is emphasized.
- Continuous industry interaction by corporate visits in both private and public sector.
- Teaching through LCD & other modern gadget.
- Debates, Quizzes, Symposia and other instructional method.
- Soft skill classes to improve communication and presentation skills.
- Programmes on latest technologies.
- Communication Skills & Personality Development Programme.
- Computer Literacy Programme.
Personality Development ProgrammeIn addition to technical knowledge, a need was felt to improve the personality of budding Managers & Technocrats to suit the corporate needs. VSICS is the first Institute in the region to run a regular personality development programme for its students. This encompasses communication development, management games, oratary & attitude development programmes. The Personality Development Programme is of great help to the students in lapping and honning their personality traits and preparing them for final placements. A separate cell has been created for the same purpose.
- ReviewCourses Name
- GEOLOGY 1103
- Earth Systems
- SCIENCE 1400
- Science or Fiction?
- STATS 1004
- Statistical Practice (Life Sciences) I
- MATHS 1013
- Intorducation to Algebra I
- GEOLOGY 2500
- Sedimentary Geology II
- GEOLOGY 1100
- Earth’s Interior I
- GEOLOGY 2505
- Geochemistry II
- MATHS 1015
- Intorducation to Algebra II
- GEOLOGY 3013
- Tectonics III
- GEOLOGY 2502
- Igneous and Metamorphic Geology III
- GEOLOGY 3019
- Field Geoscience Program III
- GEOLOGY 3502
- Mineral and Energy Resources III
- Total Credit Hours